The Prime Minister will launch nine campaigns under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav-Inclusive Development (Samaveshi Vikaas) theme led by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will launch these nine campaigns under the theme Inclusive Development (समावेशी विकास) as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on the 24th April 2023 during the National Panchayati Raj Day at Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. The PM will also launch the Website and Mobile App “Samaveshi Vikaas” on the same day.
The nation is observing Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) till August, 2023. A number of events/campaigns under various themes are being organised by the Government to celebrate the occasion by involving State Governments and the public in general. One of the themes under AKAM is Inclusive Development (Samaveshi Vikaas). Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) is the lead Ministry for the same, with four other supporting Ministries/Departments of the Government of India. Out of the nine campaigns under this theme, five are under the Ministry of Rural Development viz., (i) Samagra Awaas under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G), (ii) Financial Literacy at District Level, (iii) Promoting Digital Transaction at Gram Panchayat Level and (iv) Social Mobilisation of Eligible Rural Women into Self Help Group (SHG) Network, (v) Plantation Drive on River Banks under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). Four other Campaigns are being led by the partnering Ministries/Departments viz., (i) Swastha Mahila- Samriddha Samaj (SMSS)- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, (ii) Pashudhan Jagriti Abhiyan Intensive Awareness Campaign in Aspirational Districts-Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, (iii) SVAMITVA, Meri Sampatti, Mera Haq- Ministry of Panchayati Raj and (iv )Natural Farming with SHG Women campaign-Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
Under the Inclusive Development theme, the selection of the campaigns is focused on high-impact value and high Jan-Bhagidari potential. The campaigns are designed to have a “whole of society approach”, ensuring 100% outreach to the beneficiaries of the campaigns. The entire campaign is termed “Samaveshi Vikaas ”, which finds its foundation rooted in the concept of “Convergence” and “Reaching the last mile”, aiming at targeted interventions through all States/UTs, districts and gram panchayats, focusing on selected campaigns in the areas of employment generation, health, social inclusion, social security and livelihood creation by each of the participating ministries/departments.
With a view to capturing and monitoring the progress of these campaigns, a website has been designed named “https://akam-samveshivikaas.nic.in” which is proposed to be launched by the Prime Minister on 24th April, 2023 on the National Panchayati Raj Day at a function at Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. This vibrant and dynamic website will provide real-time progress of various activities under Samaveshi Vikaas campaigns and will also capture the key performance indicators, calendar of events, event-related pictures and videos, newspaper clippings and public opinion. The website will enable this Department to generate reports and assess and monitor the progress of the campaigns through technical tools.
In order to ensure the documentation of Jan Bhagidari and public participation, a simple and user-friendly Mobile App named “Samaveshi Vikaas” has been designed. Through this, the general public can share their experience and opinion/feedback about the impact and benefits these campaigns have brought along with photographs on these campaigns.
A small brief about the individual Campaigns:
(1) Samagra Awas-Convergence under PMAY-G: In this campaign, a sanction of additional 45 lakh PMAY-G houses over and above 2.50 Crore already sanctioned will be ensured along with the saturation of benefits provided in convergence with Schemes providing electricity, LPG, water connections and toilets in all PMAY-G houses. The campaign will start in April, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(2) Financial Literacy at District Level: The main purpose of this campaign is to create awareness and increase the outreach of various banking & financial services and social security schemes. The campaign will be carried out in 500 districts and is expected to provide need-based training and awareness to 2.0 crore SHG members. Through village-level awareness programme, about 2.5 crore SHG members will be enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and 3.0 crore under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY). During the campaign period, 750 SAKSHAM Centres will be established across states as a one-stop solution for financial awareness, service delivery and basic grievances redressal. The campaign has already started from 11th January, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(3) Promoting Digital Transaction at GP level: The main purpose of this campaign is to create awareness and increase the outreach of various digital modes of transactions among women SHG members and their households. The nationwide campaign will be carried out to create awareness to 50,000 Gram Panchayats with 3.0 Crore number of transactions and deployment of 20,000 SHG Members as Business Correspondents Sakhi /Digipay Sakhi/ Paypoints. Apart from this, awareness camps will be organised at Gram Panchayat level also. This campaign started from 1st February, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(4) Social Mobilisation of Eligible Rural Women in SHG Network: This Campaign aims to motivate eligible rural women to join the SHG Network, to bring eligible SHGs into VOs (Village Organisations) fold, to bring eligible VOs into Cluster Level Federations (CLFs) fold and to release capitalisation support to eligible SHGs. The campaign aims to mobilise a total of 10 crore rural households by end of the FY 2023-24 with an objective to bring all vulnerable and marginalised rural households under SHGs and draw benefits provided through this Government initiative. It is expected that 20-lakh left-out households shall be mobilised and more than 60,000 SHGs shall be formed during the period.
(5) Plantation Drive on Riverbanks: Under this campaign, plantation drive under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA will be conducted on the riverbanks. During the campaign period, around 4.0 crore plants will be planted in around 20,000 km of river banks. The campaign started on 1st March, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(6) Swastha Mahila Samriddha Samaj: This campaign is led by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW), which will promote health as a Credit-plus activity among Women SHGs in villages for making ‘Wellness’ a people’s movement and lay emphasis on prevention and control of cancer in women – focus on screening for breast cancer and cervical cancer. During the campaign period, 10 lakh cancer screening/awareness camps will be organised by PRIs/NRLM units on functional HWCs across the country. It is also expected that 2.5 crore women will be screened for breast cancer & cervical cancer each (25 for cervical cancer and 25 for breast cancer per camp * 10 lakh camps) and cumulatively eight crore footfall for access to women care at AB-HWCs at the end of the campaign period. This campaign started on 14th January, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(7) Natural Farming with SHG Women: This campaign will be led by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW). The campaign will ensure the restoration of soil health, including the capture of atmospheric carbon to mitigate climate change, reversal of biodiversity loss at the farm and local ecosystem levels and maintain/recycle scarce farm resources. During the campaign period, formation/ facilitation of 10 women-only Farmer Produce Organisations (FPOs) (One FPO has a membership of a minimum ten, which may go up to 2000 based on the availability of members) and organising special campaigns on National/International important days will be ensured. An awareness campaign has already been organised involving around 440 (Progressive Women farmers/members of FPOs/RCs/SHGs and Krishi Sakhis of NRLM/SRLMs/Women Agri-preneurs This campaign started from 11th February 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(8) Pashudhan Jagriti Abhiyan- Intensive Awareness in Aspirational Districts: This Campaign is being led by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DoAH&D). In this campaign, efforts will be made to effectively transform the 112 most under-developed districts across the country by organising around 16,000 village-level camps to spread awareness on entrepreneurship and other schemes of the Department, Scientific Management of Disease and Conducting Animal Health Camps at Aspirational districts ensuring the Jan Bhagidari. Two Animal Health camps per district will be organised in all aspirational districts, and in each health camp 100 farmers will be participating. The virtual camps will be disseminated on various social media platforms of the Department, and State AH district institutions will mobilise the farmers for Animal Health camps. In addition to this 224 Animal Health camps will be organized in all aspirational districts benefiting around 22,400 farmers. The campaign started from 22nd February, 2023 and will continue till August, 2023.
(9) SVAMITVA-Meri Sampatti, Mera Haq: This Campaign is led by Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR). The campaign aims to provide ‘Record of Rights’ to property owners in inhabited area (abadi) of a village by the use of latest drone-based survey technology under SVAMITVA Scheme. It aims to generate 1.50 crore “Records of Rights”/ Property Cards under SVAMITVA Scheme by August 2023. The campaign started from 18th April, 2023 and will continue till 30th June, 2023.