Now that you have embarked on the stupendous decision of studying abroad, you must begin the process of getting your application in. With the previous year being such an upheaval, students are paranoid about what this year holds for them.
Don’t worry, for we have your back covered. Here are the essentials for university applications in 2021.
Keep an open mind
· Never restrict yourself to just one university. While it is natural that you have a dream university, keep your mind open and have backups to rely on.
· As study abroad consultants, we encourage our students to apply to at least 3 universities.
Keep yourself reported
· To understand whether you will be eligible to study abroad undertake a comprehensive study of the entry requirements.
· If you’re unsure about interpreting these requirements, don’t worry we have your back and will guide you through the same.
Mode of making applications
· For overseas education, the applications tend to occur online on the university website or through a portal. These portals often allow students to apply to multiple universities seamlessly.
· We at Edwise, ensure that your application is complete and includes all the relevant documents.
Attention to the fine print
· For a student, it might get tedious to apply to multiple universities through various platforms. Ensure that you double-check all the components before forwarding the same to the university.
· However, with support from overseas education consultants, Edwise we make the process seamless.
Statement of Purpose
· The majority of the universities abroad require a statement of purpose. It is a document that not only lists your academic achievements, but also shines a light on your entire profile, which enables you to stand out from the pool of competition.
· Ensure that you talk about why you wish to study at the university, what you hope to gain through the program and how will you be a valuable addition to the same.
· If the documents need to be translated into the official language of the country, let a competent authority look into the same.
· Make sure that you get all your application documents in order beforehand. This saves you trouble at the eleventh hour.
Applying to Universities in UK
· Students looking to study an undergraduate program in the UK will be required to submit their application through UCAS.
· Whilst those looking to study a postgraduate program can make their application through the respective university’s website or UKPASS.
· Start the research stage of your application process in advance and get all your documents in order before you get your application in.
Applying to Universities in Australia
· The Australian government looks to attract international students and thus offers immense support.
· The country has also set up the Australian Qualification Framework which sets the standards for educational qualifications and provides relevant insights.
Now that you are equipped with a few of the essentials for university applications in 2021, you can kickstart your process with Edwise today.